Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dynamically Loading Data in TreeView control ASP.net

Level: Beginner Knowledge Required:
  • ASP.net
  • Typed DataSet
  • TableAdapter
  • SQL Server 2005
Description: In my post Dynamically Loading Data in TreeView Control, I have discussed how to load the data on runtime in TreeView control. This post is for Windows Application (Windows Forms) platform. Recently I was asked to have the same code for ASP.net Web Application. I think there are lots of articles available on Internet about this kind of stuff. But I am also submitting my own. This is a very simple project demonstrates how to dynamically load data when TreeView's Node is expanded. Download: DynamicTreeview.zip Note: The zip file contains DynamicTreeViewDatabaseSetup.sql T-SQL Script which will, 1) Create a database "MyDatabase" 2) Create a table "tbl_Category" in that database 3) Create a Stored Procedure "CategorySelect" 4) Put some data in tbl_Category Please execute this script before running the project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great.. keep up the good work!